Thieves’ Market Development and Submission Guidelines
The Thieves’ Market provides an opportunity for the audience to showcase their unique cases. In brief, each Lupus Academy registrant can submit one case, which will be reviewed by Lupus Academy Steering Committee.
Slides must be developed in line with the following guidelines and submitted by the deadline of Friday 9th June 2023. The top three cases will be chosen for pre-recorded presentations during the meeting, and prizes will be awarded.
Instructions: The following rules must be followed:
- You must be registered for the 2023 Lupus Academy meeting
- Submissions are limited to one case per registrant
- The case must be related to lupus
- The submission must be in PowerPoint format and no more than 10 slides (Slide template/example is available)
- The following format must be used:
- Slide 1: Title of case (a clever title ); your name and address/institution
- Slide 2: History of present illness
- Slide 3: Physical exam
- Slide 4: Laboratory tests
- Slide 5: What is the differential diagnosis?
- Slide 6-7: Special tests (e.g. imaging, biopsies)
- Slide 8: Diagnosis
- Slide 9: >4 key learning points
- Slide 10: 1-3 key references
- Contact Information: Please include your email address with your slides for attendees to refer to with any questions/comments.
- Commercial balance: Your presentation content should present an objective/balanced review of any treatment approaches you choose to mention. Poster presentations must not contain commercial logos or brand or proprietary drug names. Hospital logos are permitted.
- Presentation Content: Where relevant, please be clear if any agents or techniques you describe are still experimental, or whether they are approved in your country, by the EMA, FDA, etc. Ensure you make it clear to the learners which options are currently considered to be best clinical practice, and their standing in national or international guidelines.
- Submission Deadline: First authors should submit their slides (PPT) to email@example.com by Friday 9th June 2023. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by Monday 3rd July 2023.
- By submitting your Case you commit to attending the 12th Annual Meeting of the Lupus Academy in Barcelona to present this case, should it be accepted as one of the top 3 cases to be presented.
We look forward to receiving your submission.
Lupus Academy Steering Committee 2023.